This blog post is in honor of Halloween! My husband and I have always been basically criticized for being “too young” to have children. I was twenty-one and my husband was twenty-five when our first child was born. Man did we get all the criticism. Nonetheless, we are awesome, fun, strict when we need to be parents. We not only encourage our children, we feed their interest and participate while we are at it. We never sit on the side lines to watch our children grow, WE GROW WITH THEM.
With that said our three year old is OBSESSED with Halloween and since it only comes ONCE a year we filled our October up with fun, family, Halloween themed things to do in MA. I will post the list below as well as the link to the youtube video my husband and I made talking about our October Calendar. All the events are $10 per person OR LESS to do and some are free as well. I hope this helps you parents out there with Halloween obsessed children like my three year old.
- OCTOBER 5th: Mayor’s Night out in Salem Ma. (This is a maybe for us since it is a Friday night). This event is a trick-or-treat even with the mayor of Salem. The meeting place for this event is at the East India Fountain and will start at 5:30 pm. Event goers will be walking through the Witch City Mall and trick-or-treat at participating businesses. This is a FREE event. Watch Video for any more additional information. Find this event at https://www.hauntedhappenings.org/events/
- OCTOBER 6th: Lanterns in the village. This event will take place at Pioneer Village in Salem, Ma. Event goers can enjoy apple cider and hot chocolate while listening to ghost stories. There will also be glowing Jack-O-Lanterns to enjoy (my son’s favorites). You can buy tickets for this event at $10 each person at www.thewitchhouse.org. Any additional info will be in the video below.
- OCTOBER 13th: Haunted Hayride are Cedar Hill Golf Course in Stoughton, Ma. This event is a repeat event for us. We had tons of fun last year! During this event you can take a creepy hayride where people from the local school system and town get dressed up in creepy costumes and try to scare you. I was surprised at how well they dressed up and set up the hayride. While waiting for your ride time they have a DJ and different activities for the kids. You may also purchase food such as hotdogs and drinks such as hot chocolate, coffee, cider, etc. This event costs $5 per person, basically if the child needs a seat they must pay. You can find the tickets at www.stoughtonrec.org.
- OCTOBER 14th: King’s Chapel Candle Lit Tour in Downtown Boston. During this tour they take you underground under the historic Kings Chapel to tour the Crypts. During the tour you learn the history of these crypts as well as who is buried there. This event costs $10 per person and you can find the tickets at www.kings-chapel.org. For parking information check out our youtube video!
- OCTOBER 24th: Cobbs Corner Trick-or-Treat in Canton, Ma. This is a FREE event taking place at the Conns Corner outdoor mall. During this event you can enjoy trick-or-treating with your family at participating businesses at the mall. This even starts at 2pm. After dark i believe this mall opens up a haunted house for older kids. I am not 100% sure what the price is since we did not get to do the haunted house last year.
- OCTOBER 24th: Pumpkins in the park at Francis William Bird Park in Walpole, Ma. This is a FREE event. During this event you can enjoy a Jack-O-Lantern trail and even participate in the pumpkin carving contest for bragging rights (you must bring your own pumpkin). This event will run from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- HALLOWEEN NIGHT: Trick-or-Treating in Jamaica Plain, Ma. During this event you can trick-or-treat at the participating businesses on Centre Street in Jamaica Plain. Parking for this one is tough but there are many MBTA stations that can get you there including Green St, Stony Brook and Jackson Sq on the ORANGE line.
Of course these are NOT the only events happening in Mass but this is a list to get you started on some family friendly fun at a lower cost than some of the bigger events going on. I hope this helps. If you would like to let us know of another event please comment below. Check out out youtube video for this blog HERE and make sure to follow me on IG @mssew_itall.